RideDualSport
Advanced search  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Hello from Michigan. :-)  (Read 103 times)
scrisp
Road Toad

Email
« on: November 13, 2017, 08:04:39 PM »

Hi All, just joined and wanted to introduce myself.  I'm Scott, from just north of Detroit.  I have been riding for a bit over two years, this go around.  I used to ride, about 30 years ago and got into a bad accident, which made me stop, but then finally got the bug again in 2015, so I bought a DR650 with grand plans of being one of those people who loads it with luggage and makes my way to Alaska or something cool like that.  Turned out that the company that I work for didn't really like that plan.  lol  So, I usually trailer it on long trips, then trailer it home.  It's much easier on my back than riding all that way.

Most of my longer trips are to the UP of Michigan, where I think is like being in heaven.  I did two multi day trips this summer, and one included riding the Bill Nichols Trail and the rest of the trails from Mass City, all the way to Copper Harbor and back.  It was approximately 240 miles of nothing but trails, and I think I saw two other riders the whole way.  (I did see a black bear though!!)

My Dr is actually pretty decent, once you get some good tires and get used to the weight and how she handles.  It's not a dirt bike by any stretch, but I have some some pretty gnarly hills that others could not climb.  I love the low end grunt to her.  :-)

I'm a member of a couple of local dual sport groups, we usually have a ride going every weekend during the summer, be it dirt or paved roads, around the south east Michigan area. 

I'm hoping to make it to March Moto Madness again in Tellico Plains, TN, with a group of riders from up here.  We went this year and it was so much fun.  I'm originally from Ashland, KY, and had the pleasure of driving through the Wayne National Forest this summer, on my way home.  I really want to go ride that area the next time that I head down to see my family, since it's right on the way.
Kosmic
Administrator
Combat Wombat

Nobody understands what you're know what I'm sayin

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 12:07:44 AM »

Howdy scrisp! Thank you for joining RideDualSport! Glad to hear you got acquainted with motorcycling again, after your accident. I've seen some ride reports of the UP of Michigan and it is heavenly indeed!
The DR 650 is a great bike too!
Cheers, Kosmic

www.RideDualSport.com
13 Super Ténéré - 01 Buell S3 - 03 DRZ 400 - 1948 Indian Chief - 1924 Indian Chief - 1953 Indian Chief - BMW R100/7
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: