RideDualSport
Advanced search  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Howdy from Southern Alberta Canada  (Read 138 times)
Canada Goose
Road Toad

Email
« on: September 03, 2017, 10:16:06 PM »

Hello all,  I'm new here and hoping to buy a DS bike in the near future.  Not new to bikes.  Had a Kawasaki KE 175 when I was 16 and living in the UK. Loved the bike and freedom it gave me.  Moved to Alberta Canada at 21 and went through the dirt bike stage with a XL350, XR250, CR250 and then on a new KX500.  Many years later and it's now 2017.  I'm seriously looking at a KTM 500 EXC-F  Not sure what those letters stand for lol.  I think my true dirt bike days are over as i'm not in shape and 55 years old but think a DS would be great for riding to work, casual road trips and some fire road type of riding.  Looking forward to browsing the forums and participating also.  My day job is 4-12 hour shifts at the local police station and then 4 days off that I do aerial photography with a drone and of course some riding but not in the winter haha.

Cheers

Mike
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 12:09:48 AM by Canada Goose » Logged
Kosmic
Administrator
Combat Wombat

Nobody understands what you're know what I'm sayin

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 03:32:06 PM »

Howdy Mike! Thank you for joining RideDualSport! You certainly have tons of riding credentials, and I am sure you will really enjoy the more relaxed, take in the scenery, approach to Dual Sport riding. 10 years ago I got a KLR 650 and my life has never been the same! I love traveling off the pavement and getting close to nature.
Cheers, Kosmic

www.RideDualSport.com
13 Super Ténéré - 01 Buell S3 - 03 DRZ 400 - 1948 Indian Chief - 1924 Indian Chief - 1953 Indian Chief - BMW R100/7
Canada Goose
Road Toad

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 05:59:35 PM »

Thanks for the welcome Kosmic!  It's late in the summer for a bike this year and so I'm searching the net for idea's set ups etc.  I'm pretty much sold on the KTM ECX-F but where would you recommend for getting a larger fuel tank as filling up every 100 miles or so would be a headache  baldy
Kosmic
Administrator
Combat Wombat

Nobody understands what you're know what I'm sayin

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 12:29:25 AM »

Yes, I would say 180 miles would be a minimum range for safe dual sport riding in remote areas.
You might try IMS for an oversize tank, they get good reviews. I've used a Rotopax fuel cell, strapped to the bike's luggage rack too.
Cheers!

www.RideDualSport.com
13 Super Ténéré - 01 Buell S3 - 03 DRZ 400 - 1948 Indian Chief - 1924 Indian Chief - 1953 Indian Chief - BMW R100/7
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: