RideDualSport
Advanced search  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Farewell  (Read 197 times)
Wolverine
Super Rat

The English is hard to me

gfdiazr@hotmail.com
Email
« on: July 22, 2017, 09:03:26 PM »

Well it is time to write a new adventure that I had in last holy week.
This trip was not planned as another trips in past years, because I have a lot job, I am not a teacher anymore, I work in an office in the same school so I knew that I wanted to travel in Belice and Guatemala and the south of my country and I downloaded the tracks in my GPS.
I left my house one Sunday in the morning, I rode until to get Tehuacan Puebla. My wife and our daughter were there with a friend. They left the home one day before so I wanted to see them so I saw them until the Sunday night. That day I rode during the noon and part of the night, passing the Puebla City was raining, the road turn dangerous with the rain and with big trucks, but I did not want to stop, so I kept riding about one hour, then the rain stopped, and I got to Tehuacan without rain, I had dinner with my family, It was a great night.  
Next day in the morning I took my bike and I rode towards to Golfo de México, but between Orizaba and the coast the weather was hotter.
Well I rode about five hours until to get the beach, the weather was turning more confortable then I saw a perfect place to set my tent next to the beach. It is a place with just a kitchen, restroom, some chairs and tables and enramada and the best there were not people so there I took a rest on the amaca and stayed there one night I had lunch, dinner and breakfast. I walked a long the beach so next day I set up off my tent and I keep riding towards Catemaco.

I rode through Tabasco coast in the back road, I passed through several towns that they were beside of the sea, I passed through Paraiso and Frontera, these cities are important in Tabasco State. When it started to get dark I saw a hotel near from Cuidad del Carmen so I stayed there one night.

As you know I got up early next day and I started to ride then in the exit of the Ciudad del Carmen I stopped to have a breakfast in the Oxxo, and I noticed that bike engine was splashed with pink water so I saw the radiator that it had a leakage, inmediatly I thought, I need help to store the bike however I saw a small drop in the radiador and I said myself I can keep riding just I have to full of water the radiator so I did it, but the radiator was full, only I filled with a few water about 50 ml. I did that every day in the night but last night I filled with half liter.

This day I got to Calakmul about 3 o'clock, when I rode I lost the hours in my main, sometimes people ask me, what time is it?, when do you leave?  I answered them, I do not know exactly, I say them early, in the noon, in the morning, well I just know that it is the sunrise and I want to start to ride or it is getting dark and I started to look for a hotel or a place to set my tent when I am hungry or thirsty I just look for a restaurant, Oxxo or grocery, People say me you look like a turkey. (It is a Mexican phrase where people, eat and sleep in whatever place)

Calakmul is great archeological zone to visit among the jungle, well it is a wild place so there aren’t vendors just the toll gate to entry to the ruins. One friend told me if you visit Calakmul, carry on a lot water but I did not listen him then when I was walking watching the ruins I was thirsty, I ask water to the guard man, he did not  have water,  I finished  to visit the area and I kept look for water, until a man gave me a half small bottle so that man, I asked to place to set my tent,  he told me there is no place to set the tent, but you can set it next to de guard house, I was so happy, but I was still thirsty so I rode to next town that it is 60 km away from there, next to 186 road. In this town I found a nice restaurant with cabins so I had a dinner there and I drunk a lot water also I bought big bottle water to the night because the climate was hot.

on the top of the pyramid

Spanish woman

landscape

Calakmul wild life

More to come...my brother wants to use the computer now

Well Photobucket wants to charge me so I have to find one alternative

« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 12:11:47 AM by Wolverine » Logged

Fabian
Kosmic
Administrator
Combat Wombat

Nobody understands what you're know what I'm sayin

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 01:21:35 AM »

Thank you for your ride report Wolverine! I used photobucket for 10 years, and I left them. You can a free blog on https://www.blogger.com and upload your pics to it, and just embed the photo in RDS as usual, and it is free!

www.RideDualSport.com
13 Super Ténéré - 01 Buell S3 - 03 DRZ 400 - 1948 Indian Chief - 1924 Indian Chief - 1953 Indian Chief - BMW R100/7
Wolverine
Super Rat

gfdiazr@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 04:46:31 PM »

Thank you for your ride report Wolverine! I used photobucket for 10 years, and I left them. You can a free blog on https://www.blogger.com and upload your pics to it, and just embed the photo in RDS as usual, and it is free!

Thanks, Kosmic, I am going to upload my pictures there.

Fabian
Tn Traveler
Road Toad

Missionary at large

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 11:50:59 PM »

Great ride,  and when it is hot always carry water, I did the same thing outside of Creel, never again. I was using photo bucket as well now I'm using flickr for my pics

To build and improve facilities so the TRUTH of Gods word can be shared with a lost, deceived, and dying world!
Wolverine
Super Rat

gfdiazr@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 11:20:45 PM »

Great ride,  and when it is hot always carry water, I did the same thing outside of Creel, never again. I was using photo bucket as well now I'm using flickr for my pics

Creel has a hot weather and cold weather too, I was there in April several years ago it was cold. I am using Dropbox now, but I make a trick when I copy the link.
Thanks for reading man, I still do not finish it

Fabian
Wolverine
Super Rat

gfdiazr@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 12:34:14 AM »

I remember that I had told you about this,  norton but I do not see my pictures, well I am going to reload them again

my camping area

road to get Calakmul archeological zone.

The restaurant has a beautiful furnitures, well I think is mahogany, It is expensive and luxury wood for me, It looks here they can get this wood easy

Cottages / cabins

I got back to archaeological zone in the night, it was nice to ride in the night through the jungle, I stopped to ear the sounds of jungle and sounds of silence

Fabian
Wolverine
Super Rat

gfdiazr@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 12:54:13 AM »

In the morning of the next day, I set off my tent and I said good bye to the guard men the I took the 186 road towards Chetumal , My route was to get Xpujil Town and then ride towards Xkan, then Dos Aguadas , Tres Garantías  and keep riding among the jungle until to get La Union, but in the google maps I realized that in that route just drive the locals so I was thinking about to ride there meantime I was riding on the 186 road, I did not want to get surprises like past adventures, however the 186 road is a straight line on the ground so I bored , I was indecisive,  I passed through Xpujil and I kept thinking about that, suddenly I remembered that there is a junction to get to Tres Garantias so I said myself "chinge su madre"  (typical rude Mexican words), in the English with good words "It does not matter" let´s ride among the jungle in the locals land and I took the road to Tres Garantias.  I passed through several towns even Tres Garantias, the road become in dirt road after it becomes in a path so I saw a kid with a shotgun I asked him if that path got to the Union, He called to his father and the man said me, Yes just follow the path until to get the road also he said me, yesterday two rzrs were driving there, so I keth riding and I got inside the jungle without people, trucks, I rode alone about 10 km among the deep jungle sometimes I felt lost there, the jungle got ended, then I saw a reedbed, after I saw a cowboy and I started to talk with him about La Union and the Cenote el Cocodrilo. He gave me important information about the town and the Cenote, well I kept riding, I rode through la Union until the river that is the border between México y Belize after that I got to Cenote  El Cocodrilo, I talked with owner of land, his name is Agustin. In Mexico you can be “owner” the land but not of the minerals under the ground even the water, all in under the ground is property of the all Mexicans.  Well Mr Agustin went to home so I stayed in his land with his white horse and families arrived there to get swim after that they got back to town

Across the river (Rio Hondo / Deep River): Belize

In the "Crocodile Park" there is a creek so I got a splash and I set my tent

Cenote

Fabian
Wolverine
Super Rat

gfdiazr@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 01:06:12 AM »

I had a great noon and night there; When it was getting dark, I met another great man called Agustin too and his family, we talked for a long time, He is a Belizean and Mexican too, but he cross towards Belize and Mexico illegally, he just cross the river and he goes to work to Belize, he is a cowboy in Mexico and Belize. His wife gave us dinner, It looked like chicken or turkey, when I finished to eat, Agustin´s wife said you ate pheasant.
At the midnight I went to my tent to sleep, Agustin went to fish with his friends.
Next day I said good bye to Agustin and his family. Other man called Agustin arrived there, he is owner´s son, so I met three man called Agustin

Agustin, He is from Belize and México, He and his family were so kind with me well Agustin son and Agustin father were so kind with me too, with Agustin father I talked in the afternoon, with Agustin son, we drank a cup of coffee in the morning

« Last Edit: Today at 05:20:40 PM by Wolverine » Logged

Fabian
Wolverine
Super Rat

gfdiazr@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #8 on: Today at 05:45:11 PM »

I rode on the back road from the Cenote el Cocodrilo to Ucum then Chetumal, I got to Chetumal about 10:30, I wanted to change pesos for belizean dollars, but stores, mall, markets were closed even exchange houses ( I wanted to get cheap belizean dollars) because it was Good Friday so in Chetumal I could not change my mexican pesos for belizean dollars then I went to the border, there, it was easy to change the money and it was easy to cross the border too. I liked so much Belize, I really enjoyed to ride there, it was for me as to travel in USA in the sixties or seventies, it look that Belize is a peaceful country. In Chetumal, I made some phone calls and I find a Belizean biker called Gonzalo, He lives in San Ignacio near from Guatemala Border, He was friendly with me and I stayed at his home one night. If you need help or you need to cross Belize, Gonzalo can help you. I noticed that many bikers who cross Belize stayed at his home.

Next day Gonzalo and I went to the border Guatemala, Gonzalo helped to me to cross it quick, before to cross the border I changed my Belizean Dollars and Mexican pesos for Quetzales well I kept some Belizean dollars like souvenirs then I said good bye to Gonzalo and I hit to Tikal.

Leaving the Belize Customs house

Roads and houses in Belize

Gonzalos´s house.

He has a lot bikes, even one electric bike

Pets

In front of his house there is a nice river

Fabian
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: