RideDualSport
Advanced search  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: should I buy a dual sport or a pickup truck  (Read 286 times)
tstock92
Road Toad

Email
« on: April 17, 2017, 04:29:37 AM »

Hi, my names Tanner and I am considering buying my first motorcycle. me and my fiance currently share an SUV that she takes to work so whichever vehicle I choose would really just be for going to and from work and having fun with on days off. the truck I could use year round and get more done with but I don't really NEED a truck, would just be great to have when I need to move things. I have always wanted a motorcycle and they are definitely cheaper than a truck. where I live I could ride a motorcycle from around march through till November, and the few winter months in between we could just share the SUV. I would most likely get a dual sport that can have storage bags and I can go exploring with ( a lot of mountains and lakes where i live ). if anyone has experience with having a motorcycle as there main source of transportation any help is appreciated. my work is very close to where i live, and i live in a small city of about 130,000 if that's relevant.
Kosmic
Administrator
Combat Wombat

Nobody understands what you're know what I'm sayin

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 11:32:14 PM »

Howdy tstock92, thank you for joining RideDualSport! I vote for purchasing a nice used 650 cc bike, like a Kawasaki KLR 650.
I commuted for many years on mine, and it is very easy to ride around town. The tall suspension deals with rough roads (paved and dirt) very nicely. You can haul tons of stuff on a KLR too. Also, it is super cheap to buy, own and insure. I only purchase liability insurance (no comprehensive or collision) for my motorcycles.
A truck is expensive, takes up lots of room, and is expensive to insure. The SUV you share can do most things that you would do in a truck. In a pinch you could put a trailer on your SUV, as needed.
Just be sure to use a helmet, boots, gloves and a protective motorcycle jacket.
Cheers!

www.RideDualSport.com
13 Super Ténéré - 01 Buell S3 - 03 DRZ 400 - 1948 Indian Chief - 1924 Indian Chief - 1953 Indian Chief - BMW R100/7
Voltar
Global Moderator
Combat Wombat

"I am the liquor."

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 01:27:15 PM »

Yep.  I agree with Kosmic.  KLR can carry a lot.

Jr. Asst. Road Captain

My projects and stuff:
www.whiskeytangohotel.com
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: