RideDualSport
Advanced search  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Costa Rica New Rider PLEASE HELP  (Read 387 times)
billetblock
Road Toad

Email
« on: March 29, 2017, 01:06:04 AM »

Hello fellow riders! I am new to the forum and dual sport. Have always wanted to and now going to for 3 months in costa rica all over the country. I am bringing nothing more than a backpack filled with vnecks and swim trunks bare necessities with me. Please Advise what gear I need in 90 degree weather and in rainy season. I am debating on buying 100 dollar boots from oneal on amazon and putting regular shoes in my backpack. I plan on buying a cheap new chinese formula 250cc bike for under 1500 when i get there as I do not want to raped buying a junk used bike. Please let me know what you guys advise. I highly appreciate the help
Kosmic
Administrator
Combat Wombat

Nobody understands what you're know what I'm sayin

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 02:12:56 AM »

Hi Billetblock, that sounds like a very exciting trip! Travel light and do not be encumbered by tons of motorcycle gear! But protect your body! Strong boots that cover your ankles, a full face helmet, and gloves for at a minimum! I recommend Frog Toggs, they are light weight rain gear that packs light and can be used as an additional wind breaking clothing.
90 degrees is hot, but a light weight all mesh jacket will keep you cool. The Formula 250 will be great!
Here are some links to some choices!
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/43330/i/frogg-toggs-road-toad-rain-jacket

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/43341/i/frogg-toggs-road-toad-rain-pants

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/73448/i/fly-street-flux-air-mesh-jacket

Good luck!

www.RideDualSport.com
13 Super Ténéré - 01 Buell S3 - 03 DRZ 400 - 1948 Indian Chief - 1924 Indian Chief - 1953 Indian Chief - BMW R100/7
billetblock
Road Toad

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 10:24:22 PM »

Thank you for alllll the help. Really appreciate it. I purchased shorty O'Neal boots so far for 100 dollars. I'm short rider 5foot 6 should I consider another motorcycle??. If that motorcycle is unavailable what bikes do you recommend Huh? should I purchase upper body armor as well?? Should I return the boots and buy them down there?? I do not want to  be weighed down like you said... if anyone has experience with new dealers on where to purchase a new bike for under 1500 usdolars  in costa Rica please let me know.
Tn Traveler
Road Toad

Missionary at large

Email
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 04:05:36 AM »

I'm currently in Mexico and there are a lot of similar bikes to what you are looking at down here, Talika is the brand, and $1500 US dollars is what they cost, I would say the same or similar bike, very capable, when it comes to protecting your body I play it safe, and if your new to off-road I would go with armor,  I like body armor and mesh jersey in hot weather, I have been to Costa Rica before beautiful place but not sure what's available for gear, your best bet is buy here and put it in a lrg bag as luggage, as Kosmic said what's important is to have fun, make memories, stay safe, send us pics

To build and improve facilities so the TRUTH of Gods word can be shared with a lost, deceived, and dying world!
Wolverine
Super Rat

The English is hard to me

gfdiazr@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 12:02:24 AM »

Well I have never been in Costa Rica, I have been in Guatemala and I saw a lot bikers without protección gear perhaps for the weather. It is so hot, all the bikes there, they are smalls, there are a lot brands of bikes (all of them chinese like Italika)  so I guess In Costa Rica is the same way. I am looking for a friend who live in Costa Rica, if you need help there, but I think he does not speak English.

Fabian
Wolverine
Super Rat

The English is hard to me

gfdiazr@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 12:03:55 AM »

I'm currently in Mexico and there are a lot of similar bikes to what you are looking at down here, Talika is the brand, and $1500 US dollars is what they cost, I would say the same or similar bike, very capable, when it comes to protecting your body I play it safe, and if your new to off-road I would go with armor,  I like body armor and mesh jersey in hot weather, I have been to Costa Rica before beautiful place but not sure what's available for gear, your best bet is buy here and put it in a lrg bag as luggage, as Kosmic said what's important is to have fun, make memories, stay safe, send us pics

Are you in México? Where?...

Fabian
Tn Traveler
Road Toad

Missionary at large

Email
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 11:03:22 PM »

Sorry for not responding sooner I didn't set the notifications on this post, I'm in Navojoa over in south part of Sanora on the west side

To build and improve facilities so the TRUTH of Gods word can be shared with a lost, deceived, and dying world!
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: