RideDualSport
Advanced search  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Meet the Trot'n Turtle - Unimog U1300L Build  (Read 8899 times)
Voltar
Global Moderator
Combat Wombat

"I am the liquor."

« Reply #150 on: June 17, 2017, 12:27:11 PM »

For heavens sake, man!!!
Don't drive that thing on the gravel!  You risk chipping the paint!!!   beer

BTW, is the VW Bus gone or just 2nd fiddle now? 

Jr. Asst. Road Captain

My projects and stuff:
www.whiskeytangohotel.com
Hodakaguyadv
« Reply #151 on: June 19, 2017, 02:51:24 AM »

For heavens sake, man!!!
Don't drive that thing on the gravel!  You risk chipping the paint!!!   beer

BTW, is the VW Bus gone or just 2nd fiddle now? 

Oh it will be used! :-)

I sold the VW bus a couple years back, it's now living in AZ. 

Hodakaguy
Hodakaguyadv
« Reply #152 on: June 19, 2017, 02:51:43 AM »

My father and I took a trip to Dayton WA this weekend to attend the All Wheels Weekend car show.  It's the first time I've been to this show and it was really cool, lots of unique vehicles showed up.

We left town at 4am for the 66 mile drive to Dayton, wanted to get there nice and early to snag a good spot.  Here we're rolling down the highway and watching the beautiful sunrise in the distance. The new Hella headlights are a HUGE improvement over the OEM units!

We stopped in Waitsburg to check temperatures on the portal boxes, trans, axles and tires...Everything looked nice and cool.

Wait a minute...I didn't know I owned a tackle shop in Waitsburg LOL.

Nearing Dayton. Almost no traffic on the road early in the morning...love it.

At the show....it was a great turn out and we got to chat with a lot of great people.  Fun Stuff!

You can see I still need to wire the LED lighting.

This poor guy hit a deer on the way to the show while cruising down the road in his 55 Ford.  OUCH!

This was by far my favorite car at the show.  It's a 1915 American Le France fire truck that's been converted into a Speedster for the Peking to Paris race.  It has it's original 900 Cubic Inch engine that develops 130hp and chain drive to the rear wheels.  Hand build aluminum body.  So HUGE and SOOOOOOOOOO Cool!!!!   40" tires!   Lots of pics taken of this beauty!

My father and I hanging out at the show before the public started rolling in.

Getting some snacks on the way out of town

And rolling home...Had a great time!

We will be at Cool Desert Nights in Richland WA next weekend.

Hodakaguy
Kosmic
Administrator
Combat Wombat

Nobody understands what you're know what I'm sayin

WWW Email
« Reply #153 on: June 23, 2017, 01:50:01 AM »

Congratulations on Unimog build! I can't think of anything more special than doing the project with your father and going to a car show with him. What a great example of spending quality time with your dad! The La France is beyond words!  clap

www.RideDualSport.com
13 Super Ténéré - 01 Buell S3 - 03 DRZ 400 - 1948 Indian Chief - 1924 Indian Chief - 1953 Indian Chief - BMW R100/7
Hodakaguyadv
« Reply #154 on: August 07, 2017, 02:02:26 AM »

Sorry guys not a lot happening lately.  Been driving the truck a lot and super busy with 100 other things as well.

I did manage to get a little work in last weekend and started wiring the LED lights.   Got the console wired with radio and switches set up, relay bank set up under the dash, power bus bar set up under the dash and the windshield and push bar lights wired.

Now to get the roof lights wired up....soon! :-)

Hodakaguy
Hodakaguyadv
« Reply #155 on: August 07, 2017, 02:03:21 AM »

Time to get the upper lights wired up.

Setting up the wiring harness for the lights and installing the pins for the electrical connectors.

I used a marine through deck fitting to feed the wiring through the cab and ensure a waterproof seal.  The wire is 6 conductor.

Wiring running up to the rack is hidden behind the cover plate along the pillar.

Light!!

Installing a Blue Sea dual USB charger. 

Hole drilled in the knee pad under the dash.

And installed

And with the engine cool this morning I decided it was time to check the valve clearance.  The intake valves were all good with only a couple slightly snug.  Two of the exhaust valves were tight and the rest were right on the money.  Good to go for a while now.

More to come soon...

Hodakaguy
Hodakaguyadv
« Reply #156 on: September 02, 2017, 01:09:30 PM »

Some pics from NW Mogfest 2017, What a Blast!!  We camped for 5 days and stayed for the total solar eclipse.  Lots of great rigs and awesome people.  Can't wait to go back next year!

About 650 miles total and the truck did great, just sat back and cruised at Mog Speed :-)

Rolling towards Mogfest.  The cab isn't to loud but on long trips I wear earplugs with the windows down.

Made it to Mogfest and Hodaka camp is set up, dad and I were up early.

Lots of cool rigs at Mogfest

Watching the start of the total solar eclipse

Hodaka Wife trying out a Unimog SEE Backhoe in the woman's backhoe competition.

Even seen Bob Ross down by the Pit.  lol

Group shot with our friends....Fun Stuff

And if you'd like to visit Mogfest for 30 minutes and get a better feel of the event you can watch the video I made up from my drone footage.....30 Minutes Of Mogfest 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6_pij5P4ro&t=543s

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6_pij5P4ro&amp;t=543s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6_pij5P4ro&amp;t=543s</a>

Hodakaguy
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 11:22:09 PM by Kosmic » Logged
Hodakaguyadv
« Reply #157 on: November 05, 2017, 12:38:29 AM »

Haven't been posting a lot this summer but I've been driving the Mog quite a bit, such a blast!  This morning my father, son and I took the mog out in the hills to roam around a bit.  My buddy Mike followed us in his 4x4 converted ford van.  While up in the hills the 4x4 portion of Mikes van decided to give out leaving him stuck at the base of a rocky climb, the winch on the Mog made quick work of retrieving the Van :-)

My father and the Mog

Any truck by itself

Giving the ford a little help :-)

Hodakaguy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: