RideDualSport
Advanced search  
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: To Mexico and beyond ..........on a ktm 450  (Read 11425 times)
Tn Traveler
Road Toad

Missionary at large

Email
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2016, 12:16:55 AM »

So the last post I was clicking on the wrong place in photobucket and it wasn't posting the pics, so I redo and in the middle of that we have a lighting strike and lose power and the battery in my computer is no good so I have to have power to use it, so I lose everything, so I log back in redo it all again and still nothing  baldy Have I mentioned yet that I am technically challenged, so the third time is the charm, man I hate getting old, my body says do it and my mind says do what  lol  So I have limited internet so after reposting the images 3 times not sure how much more I have, my phone hasn't caught up with my usage yet so if I disappear in the middle of this you know why, welcome to the mission field.

So we poured the second floor, man thats a lot of rebar,

down here they don't pour the floor solid, there is 8 inch thick styrofoam layed out with a space between for concrete and it only gets 2 inches of concrete on top

All you really have is a honey comb type beam system and the concrete has way to much rock in it

As you can see the men in the background are standing on what was poured only an hr before smooting it out

This was my view for the day

Ever wonder what holds up the second floor until it drys

Here is a set of bunk beds I made for a church member as well as a pic of his house

Imagine working outside in 100 dgree heat all day and going home to that, these people barely make enough to survive, they can't afford luxury's like a separate bed for the kids,

Here is what they call a closet, I built this one for the house I live in, didnt put doors on it, room is to small

I 've also built table, beds, dressers, doors and other items for around the ministry here

And one more, so what do you do when you have to pull the motor out of your car and don't have a chain to hook the hoist to, use the timing belt of coarse

Thats all the pics I have uploaded for now, the missionary in Los Camotis has invited me up to go ride, he has a yamaha like I haven't seen before, his wife just had there 3rd child 2 days ago so he has been a little preoccupied, once everything gets back to normal with him I'm going to go for a ride up in the mtns with him, and it wouldn't hurt for the temps to cool down a bit. Later gents and not 3 months later this time  lol

To build and improve facilities so the TRUTH of Gods word can be shared with a lost, deceived, and dying world!
Kosmic
Administrator
Combat Wombat

Nobody understands what you're know what I'm sayin

WWW Email
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2016, 02:57:42 AM »

TN, I am glad you are ok! Thank you for all you are doing to help those who are struggling to survive.
It is always humbling to see such a different part of the world.

www.RideDualSport.com
13 Super Ténéré - 01 Buell S3 - 03 DRZ 400 - 1948 Indian Chief - 1924 Indian Chief - 1953 Indian Chief - BMW R100/7
Wolverine
Super Rat

The English is hard to me

gfdiazr@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2016, 05:14:28 PM »

I am looking forward to know about your adventure ride with the misionary.

Last holy week I rode in the sierra, my route was
From my home to Frenisillo
Fresnillo to Culiacan
Culiacan-Badiguarato (I ate here with a teacher friend)-Soyatita (I stayed here one night with teacher´s friend)
Soyatita-Dolores (I took a rest here)-Baborigame.
Baborigane-Batopilas.
Batopilas-Urique-Cerocahui.
Cerocahui-Choix-El Fuerte-Culiacan
Culiacan-Tapatitlan
Tepatitlan-Home.

There are many rides report and pictures about copper canyon, so I decided do not post my adventure there, but in Spanish, there are not ride reports about that zone so in Spanish I did it

From Badiguarato to Baborigame, this route is centre of golden triangle so I wrote a few words in spanish and I took one or three pictures, In generally I rode all day there without problems.

Fabian
Tn Traveler
Road Toad

Missionary at large

Email
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2016, 02:24:34 AM »

Take 2  lol I got a new or should i say refurbished mac and I'm still figuring it out, lost my first reply when I added another tab  baldy  So I had to come home for a family mater, my brother had a massive heart attack, he is doing good now, but had no vitals when the paramedics got to him, and when they called me he was in a medically induced coma on a defibulator, and they had dropped his body temp down to relieve stress from his heart and brain, we had no way of knowing what his condition was until they raised his temp back up several days later, so needless to say I loaded my bike and left for home the next day. ran into this gentleman in El Paso when I stopped to have a new front tire put on, he was headed back to Florida so we road together the rest of that day and most of the next, he paid for the motel room and wouldn't let me pay my half, I even tried to buy his lunch the next day and he wouldn't let me, you find the nicest people on motorcycles,

Loaded up and headed out the next day

So I did manage to get the 450's big brother out some, even took a 200 mile cruise one day after everything settled down

You see a lot of these in the hills of Tennessee  clap

See the water coming out of the rocks and right beside the dam, this is water going around the dam through the rocks and its slowly eroding the ground out, the water is only a couple hundred feet deep on the other side so no worries if it lets lose  lol this is center hill dam, my great grand parents lived in what is now the bottom of the lake

If you like history there is plenty of it here from former presidents homes to civil war battle fields and historical towns and more.

So now I'm planning my return trip to Mexico, again no interstates and I'm going to head straight south when I leave, ride the entire Natchez Trace Parkway to south Mississippi, then head west across south Louisiana, then south Texas over to Big Bend park then run up the boarder and around till I get to Arizona then go south, looking for suggestions on routes, all my camping gear is in Mexico so hotels it is, not looking for anything to adventurous just some back roads to get me there, any ideas from some of you Texans, and New Mexicans, Also Kosmic if you could use my help with the new HQ for a day or two I would be glad to pitch in, I'm planning on leaving here the 26th of Dec, so would be in west Texas sometime around the 30th or so, I have more pics from Mexico plus I'm sure everyone wants to know how the ktm is holding out after 6000 miles in less than 100 hrs, mostly paved roads   so I'll get another post up in a day or two with that info Cheers and don't forget the reason for the season MERRY CHRISTMAS to all.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 02:28:17 AM by Tn Traveler » Logged

To build and improve facilities so the TRUTH of Gods word can be shared with a lost, deceived, and dying world!
rider_marc
Road Toad

« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2017, 01:59:41 AM »

Well, this is a nice find! Enjoyed reading about your work in Mexico. Impressive. As others have expressed, thanks for taking the time to write and share.  thumb

Honda Africa Twin | IBA & AMA member
Tn Traveler
Road Toad

Missionary at large

Email
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2017, 03:38:26 AM »

Here is a link to my ministry page on Facebook, https://web.facebook.com/Gary-Hunt-Ministries-557606527590833/?_rdc=1&_rdr it has some videos of what I have been doing down here, need to upload some pics so I can post them will do later this week, lol , I'm a lousy secretary I know but have been busy, cheers

Tn Traveler
Road Toad

Missionary at large

Email
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2017, 06:13:49 PM »

So I made it home about 6 weeks ago,  after 19 months in Mexico, left most of my tools there so I'll definitely be going back, attended a rally the next weekend, hosted by Tennessee Dual Sport great time meeting new friends and great riding, except for the last day, rain makes it more of an adventure right, the next week I rode over to NC to help work on a camp for a week, meet some friends there, then left out the next week for the Dominican Republic unfortunately not on the bike, where I will be until the middle of Dec. pics to follow,

Well it looks like I'm not going to be able to upload pics until I get home and can use the other computer, have I said that I'm technically challenged before  baldy
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 07:13:27 PM by Tn Traveler » Logged

Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: